Chairing a panel on HIV vaccine efficacy at the IAS Science Conference 2019 in Mexico. From left to right: Moses “Supercharger” Nsubuga, Jared Baeten, Carl Dieffenbach, Helen Rees, Willem Hanekom, and on my left Linda-Gail Bekker.
– Global health
– Infectious diseases
– HIV prevention
– Vaccines and their manufacture (GMP)
– Basic, laboratory and clinical science (ICH-GCP, GCLP)
– Strategic planning
– Partnership building
– Resources mobilisation
– Grant application development and coordination
to Management and Operations and…
– Organisational development, the endeavour to improve an organisation’s capability through the alignment of strategy, structure, people, metrics, and management processes.
– International consortium management
– Grant management and reporting
– Finance & operations
– Capacity building and training (such as grant writing, programmes and project management, research management, scientific writing, scientific and technical training).
– Scientific writing
– Scientific communication and dissemination
– Community engagement